Vcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicktr23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone from out of state that submitted an application through pharmcas to VCU received any kind of confirmation that they received your application yet? I submitted my application back in September and still haven't heard from the school yet. I'm still trying to be positive on that they're still waiting for my pcat score from the October testing date to be available before letting me know that my application is complete. But wouldn't be better to at least let the applicant know that you receive their application and just waiting for the pcat scores (many school does this)?

Members don't see this ad.

VCU was the only school not to send me a confirmation. I also think it's because they are waiting for my PCAT scores. Anyway, I called them and asked them to check if they had all my info. You could do that too?

At least were not alone, I havent heard from VCU either.

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU doesnt send out conformation emails or anything and yes they do take a long time in responding. You can call them tho and they will let you know your status. Good luck to you all. I am sure you will hear something soon enough.

I asked them if they required a supplemental application about 2 months ago.

The only answer I could get from them was...." No, we don't"

They must be either very busy sorting out the applications or just don't care

about the applicants:mad:

I think we just have to wait~

I think around this time VCU is swamped with applications....thats what the lady told me. So I'd like to believe that they are just busy sorting out the applications and I surely hope that they care for their applicants. Patience is a virtue here!

When you call, be sure to request to be transferred to a counselor/admissions officer. The person (receptionist) that answers the phone does not have access to files. Furthermore, the receptionist cannot tell you anything about the your chances of being interviewed. Counselors/Admission Officers can give you a more comprehensive view of that. No one can guarantee you an interview, but you need to speak to the right person, and this person must have direct access to your file. Also, in speaking to a counselor, by simply stating your name and credentials, all of a sudden they will bring up your file and hopefully investigate it further. If you are a good candidate, I bet you will get an interview soon simply because (by you calling) you have given them the opportunity to match a file with a voice. If you candidly speak about your interest and excitement, they will remember this!

A lot of schools are busy. Not calling because of this is a cop-out. Those people are paid to answer your questions. In a way, if you show genuine and compelling interest, you will compel them in turn to get to know more about you, and in turn, compel them to interview you.

If they interview you, they will have you fill out 2 forms. The first is a short 2 page supplemental and the other is a residency status form. There was no fee for this. After the interview or after they recieve any up dated information your file goes before the admissions committee. They either hold it for further review, deny admissions, or accept. I was told at the interview that they do take time to reply. However, no news is not necessarily bad news.