Vcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could a student please explain what the dress code is for VCU students? I think someone mentioned that as a D1, you have the choice of either wearing scrubs or professional attire...is this correct? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, we have a mandatory scrubs policy. I think you all will get to choose between such lovely colors as purple, mustard yellow, brown, and red. I'm serious.

So we determine what color scrubs?? So I take it the first few days we are allowed to wear whatever till we get our supply of colored scrubs...
Thanks for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Trookie, am I right in thinking that we also have to keep that color all 4 years? I thought I heard that during the campus tour.

Nope, we have a mandatory scrubs policy. I think you all will get to choose between such lovely colors as purple, mustard yellow, brown, and red. I'm serious.

When I interviewed, the tour guide mentioned the D1s would be inheriting whatever color the seniors had. Anyone remember which of those they were wearing?

Trookie, am I right in thinking that we also have to keep that color all 4 years? I thought I heard that during the campus tour.

Yup.

When I interviewed, the tour guide mentioned the D1s would be inheriting whatever color the seniors had. Anyone remember which of those they were wearing?

I think that would be weird. Right now, D3s & D4s are wearing the old school light blue color. So if you are right, then next year you will be wearing the same color as seniors.

Since there is some questioning and answering going on, I'd like to add a few of my own. 1) I've been told that I should start gathering teeth, is this true? 2) One of my buddies was a first year at another school last year, and he and the others were all told to buy loupes and get used to them. Is that encouraged for first years at VCU? 3) How does the instrument rental work? Do you rent to own new stuff? I know that's alot, but thanks.