vegas program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsteph27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any word on the new vegas program? did it get accredidation for this upcoming year? anyone interview and plan on ranking?

Members don't see this ad.

There was an article in the paper recently that stated they had gotten funding for 8 positions and are starting this year. Valley View hospital is planning on starting a DO EM residency in 2008. Things are looking up for LV!

As of right this second, though, ACGME does not recognize the program (and they even list non-accredited programs, like the combined programs).

Approvals come in September and February, and I don't have access to meeting results. I hope it was approved, but just don't have the evidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
I continue to hear that UMC (University Medical Center) will be starting their EM residency in July. I don't work there so my info is limited to hearsay.
Gregg said:
Valley View hospital is planning on starting a DO EM residency in 2008. Things are looking up for LV!
There isn't a Valley View here but Valley Hospital is beginning a DO program (I'm not sure if it's IM or FP) in July. I haven't heard about an EM program yet.

docB said:
I continue to hear that UMC (University Medical Center) will be starting their EM residency in July. I don't work there so my info is limited to hearsay.

There isn't a Valley View here but Valley Hospital is beginning a DO program (I'm not sure if it's IM or FP) in July. I haven't heard about an EM program yet.

Yeah i'm checking out the window right now and see its Valley hospital. but Maybe they meant Mountain View Hospital, I think thats somewhere in Vegas.