Veinfinders

Started by Precedex
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Precedex

New Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in purchasing a vein finder for my group which specializes in pediatric and neonatal anesthesia. I'd appreciate the input from anyone who has experience with any of the commerically available products.

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't waste your money. For really difficult IV's in peds the Sonosite S-Nerve works well and does double duty for blocks and lines, etc.
Yes, they work great for deep veins, but I can usually get a superficial one. Check out the vein viewer video. I've used it. I like it. Just my opinion, obviously.
When I call for the sonosite, I'm usually in some deep stool and end up dropping a central line, sometimes I find a deep vein I can hit. ie. former 26 weeker, 3 or 4 months in the NICU, covered in little pinhole scars, now eating via PEG and really fat, or something equally painful.🙄
 
Accuvein sucks, big time, I don't understand why people like this POS. We trialed it twice, for weeks.
The winner is the VeinViewer. I would buy this tomorrow.
http://www.veinviewer.com/veinviewer-vision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWnl_Kuetag
It's bulky, but that may be a good thing. Hard to lose and steal.
The next generation will be great.

Cool but way to big for my purposes. I need something that I could potentially lose and have stolen. Like something that fits in my pocket.