1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Vent here if you are tired of....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Disenchanted 1, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Disenchanted 1

Disenchanted 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

1) people who keep posting threads about school X vs school Y (usually among the top 5) while an easy search would yield them a zillion responses- also these people tend to be those who have yet to interview and get acceptances

2) people who post topics about their chances of med school admission considering one of the following irrelevant issues
    -they are either too hot
    -they are either too smart
    -they are either too ugly
    -they are either too shy

3) people who have the need to endlessly brag about their scores and GPA - mind you these people usually dont directly do this but rather in a very sneaky way bring attention to this so that everyone knows about thier 4.0 and 45T MCAT score

4) people who advertise the mid-high 30's as the only MCAT scores that will earn you an interview and acceptance

ugh.....annoying!! :mad:

feel free to add....:smuggrin:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ryo-Ohki

7+ Year Member

5) Affirmative Action

Oh wait, I like that topic.

4. Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member

Oh yea forgot to add.....
    - those who have 10 acceptances and yet complain about their one rejection to JH....or harvard........people be freaken thankful you got one...I know plenty of people who would kill to have an acceptance anywhere.

Oh and those who keep bringing up "prestige" of the schools.....gosh all med schools in US are selective. We got one of the best medical educations ever. Get over your damn competetive edge:smuggrin:

5. Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member

yep:D the tuition and living is cheaper here too

6. Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member

oooooo....I sorry! Yea Austin is beautiful. It is the most liberal and scenic city in Texas...definitely a place to live if you are coming straight from Cali compared to other towns.

7. Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member

HAHA:laugh: That's funny......I'll tell you something. Playboy actually ranked UT #1 for the prettiest/sexiest girls among universities across nation....i think this was either last year or the year before. And they had actually come to our campus I remember hearing. Yea.......I guess its wonderful if you are a guy. You would have eye candy everyone. But if you are a girl, that's another story. I feel like everywhere I go I am surrounded by gorgeous girls...:smuggrin:

8. Spitting Camel

Spitting Camel Anteater for Life!
    7+ Year Member

This one gets me the most. I can understand being upset not getting into your number 1 choice (hint hint), but just the fact that you have a choice is more than many can say...