Vent here if you are tired of....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) people who keep posting threads about school X vs school Y (usually among the top 5) while an easy search would yield them a zillion responses- also these people tend to be those who have yet to interview and get acceptances

2) people who post topics about their chances of med school admission considering one of the following irrelevant issues
-they are either too hot
-they are either too smart
-they are either too ugly
-they are either too shy

3) people who have the need to endlessly brag about their scores and GPA - mind you these people usually dont directly do this but rather in a very sneaky way bring attention to this so that everyone knows about thier 4.0 and 45T MCAT score

4) people who advertise the mid-high 30's as the only MCAT scores that will earn you an interview and acceptance

ugh.....annoying!! :mad:

feel free to add....:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

5) Affirmative Action

Oh wait, I like that topic.

Oh yea forgot to add.....
- those who have 10 acceptances and yet complain about their one rejection to JH....or harvard........people be freaken thankful you got one...I know plenty of people who would kill to have an acceptance anywhere.

Oh and those who keep bringing up "prestige" of the schools.....gosh all med schools in US are selective. We got one of the best medical educations ever. Get over your damn competetive edge:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Mr Reddly
7) Californians who keep posting how they wish they had been smart enough to relocate to texas... :laugh:
:eek:

yep:D the tuition and living is cheaper here too

cry.gif
Both of my sisters used to live there! I almost did... interviewed at IBM in Austin. Didn't want me though :(

oooooo....I sorry! Yea Austin is beautiful. It is the most liberal and scenic city in Texas...definitely a place to live if you are coming straight from Cali compared to other towns.

As were the girls there... hubba hubba. :laugh: Yep, they know how to grow them in the South. :D Good food too!

But back to "Vent here if you are tired of...."

8) ctrl-A, ctrl-C before posting.

HAHA:laugh: That's funny......I'll tell you something. Playboy actually ranked UT #1 for the prettiest/sexiest girls among universities across nation....i think this was either last year or the year before. And they had actually come to our campus I remember hearing. Yea.......I guess its wonderful if you are a guy. You would have eye candy everyone. But if you are a girl, that's another story. I feel like everywhere I go I am surrounded by gorgeous girls...:smuggrin:

Originally posted by Disenchanted 1
- those who have 10 acceptances and yet complain about their one rejection to JH....or harvard........people be freaken thankful you got one...I know plenty of people who would kill to have an acceptance anywhere.

This one gets me the most. I can understand being upset not getting into your number 1 choice (hint hint), but just the fact that you have a choice is more than many can say...