Vent Vent Vent Arrgggh!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EUA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I just had to share my story:

This morning a bunch of us residents were sitting around discussing step 3. It was all M.D.s and me. None of the 2nd years have taken step 3 yet, except me, and were speculating about it. So I was saying that they get easier each time, because I really feel they do, and the snotty response I got from one of them was "Well, your test is a little....... different." (Read: It's easy.)

OMG!!!!!! I was aflame. And of course, I come up with the snappy comebacks well after the fact, something along the lines of "yes, it's different, we have to know so much more than you!".

RAWR.

Thanks for listening.

Members don't see this ad.

EUA said:

This morning a bunch of us residents were sitting around discussing step 3. It was all M.D.s and me. None of the 2nd years have taken step 3 yet, except me, and were speculating about it. So I was saying that they get easier each time, because I really feel they do, and the snotty response I got from one of them was "Well, your test is a little....... different." (Read: It's easy.)

OMG!!!!!! I was aflame. And of course, I come up with the snappy comebacks well after the fact, something along the lines of "yes, it's different, we have to know so much more than you!".

RAWR.

Thanks for listening.

just say, yeah, so you're probably gonna fail. then steal their lunch money

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL you should of said "Hey you guys are right! Sweet I'm gonna go play some foosball while you all study!"

EUA said:

RAWR.

Thanks for listening.

I don't think the best response was "we know so much more than you", I understand your mad they underestimated your knowledge(and undervalued you education), but hey it comes with the territory (we all knew the path to DO would be hard), just answer those P.I.M.P questions and show that education is education either you learn or you don't...and then hit them in the face with a cranial book.

mochief2000 said:
I don't think the best response was "we know so much more than you", I understand your mad they underestimated your knowledge(and undervalued you education), but hey it comes with the territory (we all knew the path to DO would be hard), just answer those P.I.M.P questions and show that education is education either you learn or you don't...and then hit them in the face with a cranial book.

That is right, they are testing you. They don't believe it is easier since the test questions come from a general pool of well formatted questions. Many of the allopathic tests questions appear on the DO tests.

So to gain respect, you need to never speak to anyone unless you are helping them (no bragging)

You will find in the real world it will be the same all the allo docs look down on you until you save their skin a few times then they think YOU are special and smarter.

only way out is to just learn more, and do better than anyone and dont flaunt it.

you will soon show what your really made off it always comes out.

there are some PA's who are about twice as intelligent and knowledgable as most DMD's or DO,s so you never know. Give everyone credit.

Always volunteer first and work hardest.
few MD's do that even. LOL.

kick ass on the wards and in clinical situations and NO ONE will question your education. Even if you bought it from a vending machine.