venting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Confrustrated

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I duno where this post should go and at this point I really dnt' care. I just need to vent. Okay so heres my story as if anyone hastn' already heard it before. So I graduated from uni, ended up working in mortgages and real estate for the pats year and half. I'm 23 now and I hate my job , left it decided to go back to school to take my pre reqs at a community college and pursue osteopathich ( My father used to teach at pcom agessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ago)...anyhow, my biggest thing is im' scared I wn't like it...nothing has ever really interested me and I just want to find my niche so to speak so I can be oh so very happy...oh yeah and this cold weather does not help me either.....
 
I duno where this post should go and at this point I really dnt' care. I just need to vent. Okay so heres my story as if anyone hastn' already heard it before. So I graduated from uni, ended up working in mortgages and real estate for the pats year and half. I'm 23 now and I hate my job , left it decided to go back to school to take my pre reqs at a community college and pursue osteopathich ( My father used to teach at pcom agessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ago)...anyhow, my biggest thing is im' scared I wn't like it...nothing has ever really interested me and I just want to find my niche so to speak so I can be oh so very happy...oh yeah and this cold weather does not help me either.....
1. I'm always a little worried when someone's motivation for medicine is "I hate my job".
2. It's osteopathic. Maybe it was a typo?
3. If you're scared you won't like it, you very possibly won't. Get a lot of clinical volunteering experience and shadow a physician (preferrably an osteopath, as many DO schools like recs from DOs). If you don't like what you see, medicine is a mistake for you.

Good luck...