venting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Max Power

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it really grind your gears that people go into med/pharm/dental or whatever and their only reason is the money and prestige? Especially when you have to listen to them complain how hard and competitive it is when all they really want to do is let everyone know that they're in professional school. And then two years into it they complain about how horrible and unhappy thier lives are. I'm so happy that I've chosen something without any regard to salary. Sorry...just had to throw that out there.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. But I am also glad that there are people out there who are willing to work their butts off to excel in these professions, whether it be for money and prestige or not, because I am counting on these people to treat me! I think if it came down it, I would would choose a doctor that was cocky, but competent, over one that was humble and incapable.

Actually I think one of the best things about vet. med. is most of the people who go into it are doing it because they love it.

Of course it would be nice to make more money, but I suppose if I had to spend all day in people's mouths or interacting with insurance companies and HMOs, you would have to pay me a lot more money too.