Ventricular shunts

Started by WheezyBaby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I routinely care for kids with shunts and feel like I need to flesh out my knowledge in this area. Does anyone have a good article or chapter they'd be willing to point me toward as far as types of shunts and valves, risk stratification for malfunction and infection, overdrainage, etc? Obviously I know something about all of these areas, but I'd love to be a bit more informed in my discussions with you guys.

Thanks!
 
I routinely care for kids with shunts and feel like I need to flesh out my knowledge in this area. Does anyone have a good article or chapter they'd be willing to point me toward as far as types of shunts and valves, risk stratification for malfunction and infection, overdrainage, etc? Obviously I know something about all of these areas, but I'd love to be a bit more informed in my discussions with you guys.

Thanks!


It’s very useful and gives a good overview of the different types/models of shunts.