verbal and reading comprehensive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hasan

pharmacy lover
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what materials do you suggest for improving my verbal and reading comprehensive score on the Pcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scientific journals to improve reading comprehension? Not what I would recommend, but to each his own.

I'm curious about what you would recommend.

I don't think that scientific journals are all that helpful either because if you don't understand the article; How are you/can you formulate questions in order to test your comprehension of the material? I think that you have to use the study aids to the best of your ability. However, RC is something that you have or you don't ... It's not really a concept that you can teach yourself.

I'm curious about what you would recommend.

I don't think that scientific journals are all that helpful either because if you don't understand the article; How are you/can you formulate questions in order to test your comprehension of the material? I think that you have to use the study aids to the best of your ability. However, RC is something that you have or you don't ... It's not really a concept that you can teach yourself.

Very true!

what materials do you suggest for improving my verbal and reading comprehensive score on the Pcat?

I'm using Examcracker MCAT 101 Verbal Reasoning for the RC. It is more difficult than the actual PCAT RC. It gives you a lot of practice in reading and full depth explanations on the reasoning of the passage and why a particular question is right or wrong. It was recommended by many members on SDN.

As for the verbal part, Dr. Collins is really good. I've heard people use GRE vocab but all those words might be too much...PCAT is more in the line of SAT vocab.

I hope that helps, good luck to ya. :)