Verbal Caveat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chandler742

Removed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The verbal riddle was a nice exercise in logic.

Here is what we have learned.

1. The highest possible score for AUG MCAT will be a 13-15.
2. The exam will be tough, yet by missing couple questions
you will be down to a 13. Couple more a 12 and so on.

So, do yourself a favor. Close your eyes and imagine you are at the test taking site(you should have been there already for psychological reasons). Now imagine the proctor has announced that you may now start.

Your hearts racing, you're filled with anxiety, and you notice that the first passage is about the most boring thing you can think of from the top of your head. For me, I am thinking of a passage on the philosophies of Socrates, and the power of IL.

Now, remember you must keep your cool. Don't think that missing five or more questions on the first passage might bring you down to a 10 right out of the chute(albeit true). Be confident that you didn't miss 5 questions and move on.

Stay Cool. Just remember. Paradoxically, even those that score 12, 13-15 feel they didn't ace the exam.

I recommend reading ExamKracker's VERBAL reasoning book. VERY good resource.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by chandler742
Close your eyes and imagine you are at the test taking site (you should have been there already for psychological reasons).

Why do I suspect that you are often told to do certain things for psychological reasons?

[QUOTE Don't think that missing five or more questions on the first passage might bring you down to a 10 right out of the chute(albeit true). [/B][/QUOTE]

It will bring you down to a 10 if you only miss 5 questions??? Ok, for some reason this just doesnt sound right....does anyone know if there is any fact in this statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
ya, miss 5, and you have a 10.

btw, screw EK. They suck. This guy is an obvious propoganda machine.

On AAMC VI you could miss 17 and have a 10. Missing 10 gives you a 12, so 5 wrong could still be a 13-15.

Technically speaking, 17 is in fact in the range of 5 or more. But then again 65 is too, so I don't think the wiggle room you're looking for is there. The test you refer to is AAMC 2 and not all of AAMC. One test does not represent them all. A little more homework on your part would have avoided the enslaught of refuting you just got.

The point of the original post is unclear, whether it be to annoy people at a nervous time by playing some mind game or to promote some product. Either way, the original post is filled with misinformation and serves no positive purpose, unless it was to appease some drug-induced need to type. Then it served a limited purpose.