Verbal material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorkev22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which of the following is the most reflective of verbal passages on the actual mcat? Also which would u suggest using in actually improving verbal?

-examkrackers
-kaplan
-princeton review

thanks for the insight

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone I know said EK for sure... Kaplan doesn't do a good job for verbal. My friend increased his score by 4 after using EK

The most reflective verbal material is easily the VR sections in the AAMC FLs and the AAMC Official MCAT Guide. However, make sure you save the FLs until you're ready to take them as FLs. It's a complete waste to take the AAMC FLs as separate sections. After that is EK followed by TPRH. Kaplan and BR are not recommended. If you have to use Kaplan or BR, use BR and skip the verbal passages with the really long explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard it doesn't mirror the mcat well, it gave a friend of mine false hope and she ended up scoring 4-5 points less than what she was averaging w/ kaplan, although another friend of mine scored average using kaplan. I have kaplan everything, but have the EK verbal, so that is what i'm using for verbal.

okay, I can kind of see the difference.

kaplan seems to have very specific question types that are much different than ek.

i did 2 ek passages. i thought they were kind of difficult, got a little less than 50% correct. Ek makes it seem like the answers are all in the passage if you read very carefully. i guess thats how it is on actual?

and are the kaplan full length verbal sections completely useless then?

thanks so much. I'm just trying to improve my verbal. took Kaplan FL 1. got 9's on both sciences while only reviewing 1/3 of science material, and got a 5 on verbal smh. the verbal needs to get up!