Verbal passages: do in order or out of order?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jimsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To the mcat verbal masters on sdn,

What is your advice on the order of doing verbal passages? Is it better to do the the easier/shorter passages first? Or does the order of doing them not matter?

Members don't see this ad.

To the mcat verbal masters on sdn,

What is your advice on the order of doing verbal passages? Is it better to do the the easier/shorter passages first? Or does the order of doing them not matter?

I would presume you would want to do the shorter passages first because it would help you in terms of time management..

But.. wouldn't wasting your time looking for the shortest passages be.. a waste of time?

Just do it in the order given IMO

It depends if you are looking for a good score or not. If you want a good score, then you need to complete all of the passages anyway and will just waste time jumping around. I have never done it, but I would assume that it would take a TON of time to figure out which passage to hit first, second, and so one, especially if you measure by any criteria other than length.

If you are not looking for a good score, then what is even the point of taking the test?

Basically, take them in order and work on your time management.