Verbal question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladki72102

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I seem to be able to narrow the answer choices down to 2, but it seems like most of the questions I get wrong, I pick the wrong one out of those two. Kaplan's strategy isn't really helping me out here (FUD, out of scope, extremes etc) so i was wondering if anyone had better advice?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan strategy is not accurate..

Try to get the main idea of the passage without underlining etc..

I had the exact problem as you before..Mainly because english is my second language and I moved here not long time back.

What has really started to help me out is go on translating the idea in your own language as you read. Basically , this might sound weird but try this:

Eg: The copywriter's first task is to get the readers' attention. This must usually be done immediately in the advertisement's headline or caption, since research shows that fully 80% of magazine readers scan only the advertisements headline.

So you go like this: You read the copywriters first task is to - translate this in your language and ask - copywriter ka first task kya hain? ( I am assuming its hindi). But do the translating in like a millisecond. ( remember you cant spend a lot of time).

Then you read further- " is to get the reader's attention"- do the same thing- translate. Keep doing this throughout the passage. the ideas will come together so clearly.. Do this fast.

Try this untimed first and answer the questions. You will be amazed. take my word, you will be. I struggled so much and kept asking the same question over and over again on here ( many people find me annoying for that now :laugh: ) Then I decided, **** this, I ll just try this my way,...

and bingo!

Hey if this works for you, let me know- I'd be proud to atleast have helped someonee.

Good luck, and hope this helps. Just try it..

wait a second, I forgot to tell you, dont do kaplan verbal passages ne more, they are not representative of the real mcat

do the AAMC passages, or if you can get your hands on EK 101, do those, but AAMC ones are more accurate.