Verbal Review

Started by bulls1987
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bulls1987

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering how everyone prepared and studied for the verbal section of the PCAT? English is my second language and I am not particularly good at vocabulary. I have the Kaplan book but I don't think I can remember all the words. I am also dreading the writing section of the test. Thanks.
 
Just for the analogy, they are not hard or complicated words, they are everyday ones and you need to find the relationship between them. The key word is "relationsip" e.g how does table and chair relate to each other, then they give you a word and you have to find another word the relates same way!!!!! Trying to study vocab is a big waste of your time!!!! in the sentence completion you need to know wat certain words mean and fill in the blank. But the key thing is to understand the sentence and know what kind of word is missing there!!!!!!!!!! Pcat is definitely not rocket science, the designed it to weed out people, it is not hard at all!!! But you need to study a lot!!!!!!!!!!!