verbal, verbal, verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverdime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, while we all wait for 6/15, a question about scores. Seeing as I don't have the actual results in hand, I'm extrapolating from my Kaplan practice tests: My VR score was usually at least three, perhaps four points higher than PS and BS, to the point that I stopped studying for VR around mid-February and concentrated on PS (the deep dark evil of spring semester).

The thing is, this worries me. Not so much in terms of scores, but more to do with how it'll look to schools if my results have the same pattern. Is there any chance med schools will look down on science scores that are three or four points lower than the VR score? Or does it only matter if my PS score turns out to be less than the 10 that I wanted?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt having a higher VR score than science is going to hurt you. A high VR says that you have the capacity to comprehend and analyze tough or abstract material. Score well in all 3 sections, you should be fine. I know some people who have a more verbal-oriented background coming in, so they're probably in the same boat. Don't sweat it; biochemical pathways and diseases are easy to teach; how to digest new and tough material is not. The MCAT is somewhat a measure of how you will fare in med school, not just how much scientific minutiae you have stored away. You'll be fine. :)