Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natureboy

that's the bottom line
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that EK verbal is just a little bit more detailed than the real AAMC verbal? I always seem to get the detail questions wrong and my scores on EK verbal are much lower than AAMC verbal...any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

natureboy said:
Does anyone feel that EK verbal is just a little bit more detailed than the real AAMC verbal? I always seem to get the detail questions wrong and my scores on EK verbal are much lower than AAMC verbal...any thoughts?

They are about the same, I think....

Now in comparison to TPR verbal tests, those are VERY detailed in my opinion.. not like AAMC at all.

Yeah, I feel that there a couple more detail questions then there should be on the EK book. Probably x2 compared to AAMC and the real thing (which I took in august).

Out of curiosity Mike G, were you scoring lower on the verbal 101 series exams? I feel like I have made substantial improvement in my verbal reasoning abilities. I started with a 4 on verbal 1 and I just finished verbal test 9 and earned an 8, my highest! Thanks for your time.

MIKE G said:
Yeah, I feel that there a couple more detail questions then there should be on the EK book. Probably x2 compared to AAMC and the real thing (which I took in august).

Yeah it was about right. I was getting 8-9s on exam krackers, and towards the end approaching 10s...I ended up getting an 8 on the real thing. I made the horrible mistake of changing my stradegy of the day of...

Its not as dead on, but closest to the real thing...For example on the real thing and aamc, there are usually two passages with 10 questions...you never see that on ek.

My advice would be: You should be approaching 9 before taking the actual test. Kaplan verbal is okay too...

I am getting 10s on ek now (and other verbal tests) (I have taken them before but don't remember a thing of what I read last time...so I have to reason everything out again..

My new stradegy is map the passage , and when reading questions to stop, think about the answer before going on to the answers...

Good luck.