Verification status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tfoor13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was hoping to start a thread where people said when they submitted their apps and the date they were verified in order to establish a timeline that PTCAS won't provide. This way we can have an idea of when our apps will be verified based on others!

Transcripts received: 7/13
Submitted: 7/25
Verified: still waiting

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Was hoping to start a thread where people said when they submitted their apps and the date they were verified in order to establish a timeline that PTCAS won't provide. This way we can have an idea of when our apps will be verified based on others!

Transcripts received: 7/13
Submitted: 7/25
Verified: still waiting
Transcripts received: 7/12
Submitted: 7/11
Verified: Still waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Transcripts received: 7/6
1st App submitted: 7/8
Transcript Verified: 8/1

Anyone else's "Check Status" Tab not working? I'm stuck on a loading screen, and won't move onto to the next page. Emailing PTCAS, they've given me this:

Hello,

Good morning! Thank you for contacting PTCAS.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have been experiencing some technical difficulties.

The problem is currently being worked on.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are happy to help!

Not much help...anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone else's "Check Status" Tab not working? I'm stuck on a loading screen, and won't move onto to the next page. Emailing PTCAS, they've given me this:

Hello,

Good morning! Thank you for contacting PTCAS.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have been experiencing some technical difficulties.

The problem is currently being worked on.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are happy to help!

Not much help...anyone else in the same boat?
I had the same problem on day one, and is still broke. I read them the riot act about a week, very vocally telling them that I am dropping hundreds of dollars for a service of which I am not getting 100% out of. Again, still does not work today. But.... they claim everything presented on that page is available on other pages, and that once your transcript is verified, you will be notified by email. I was. I then followed up with a phone call today, forcing them to review my app in detail until I was assured that all required steps are complete.

Yeah, the whole system is weird. Why have the confusion with the "deadline is the time materials must be verified, not the time that they are sent" policy too, when verification time is variable? You could miss out on deadlines because of that.

I'm also a little mad because my transcript took forever to be received. I sent it in on July 7th and weeks went by without a pip from them. So I called to inquire about it's status and they said "hey, we don't know, and we can't do anything to check." Gee, thanks. So how do I know if I should send another? What if the next one isn't received too? I'm going to potentially miss out on deadlines because of something that's out of my control?

I sent another in about a week and a half ago, and thank god that it was received a few days back. I know they're getting flooded with applications and what not, but there are a lot of seemingly illogical parts of the process (why do I have to assign every single prerequisite to every single college when many are the same? Why not have them carry over in some way?)
Here is what I found about transcripts last year, the hard way. Just because StudentClearinginhouse.org says "...your transcript has been delivered..." does *not* mean PTCAS has gotten it. It only means that StudentClearinghouse has requested your transcript be sent to PTCAS. It is still up to the registrar at your universities to actually *send* the transcript. Last year I waited two months for PTCAS to process my transcript, just to find out that the university had not sent the transcript yet. So...now I followup to each university and ask the registrar to confirm that my transcripts have been forwarded to PTCAS.

I had the same problem on day one, and is still broke. I read them the riot act about a week, very vocally telling them that I am dropping hundreds of dollars for a service of which I am not getting 100% out of. Again, still does not work today. But.... they claim everything presented on that page is available on other pages, and that once your transcript is verified, you will be notified by email. I was. I then followed up with a phone call today, forcing them to review my app in detail until I was assured that all required steps are complete.

I have been emailing with them back and forth them about the issue as well. Are you a reapplicant because it seems to be people who are reapplying that are having this issues. I keep asking them for updates on that page and they have provided me with the info but it has been beyond frustrating not being able to see it. The application process is stressful enough as it is without having to worry about technical difficulties from PTCAS. They say they are working on fixing the issue but it honestly doesn't really seem like they are because it has been like this since the application opened. ANDDDD IT'S EXPENSIVE. Like please pay $150.00 to apply using our application service that doesn't fully work. ugh.

I have been emailing with them back and forth them about the issue as well. Are you a reapplicant because it seems to be people who are reapplying that are having this issues. I keep asking them for updates on that page and they have provided me with the info but it has been beyond frustrating not being able to see it. The application process is stressful enough as it is without having to worry about technical difficulties from PTCAS. They say they are working on fixing the issue but it honestly doesn't really seem like they are because it has been like this since the application opened. ANDDDD IT'S EXPENSIVE. Like please pay $150.00 to apply using our application service that doesn't fully work. ugh.
I absolutely agree, and yes, I was a re-applicant. I think those are the ones which don't work. And yes, I phoned everyday also. I told them that a lifelong livelihood was what was in the balance, and that is why it is so damn important the their service be accurate and a quality product.

Once I received my email notification that my apps had been verified, and I started seeing universities email me, stating that they had received my apps, I was very much relieved. Button still does not work:)

Did you rekey your Observation Hours and request those be reverified?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Two things happened today:

1. For the first time since July 5, my "Check Status" button worked!
2. A University informed me that my Observation Hours were not "electronically verified". This was in contrast of what I was lead to believe. I checked a copy of my apps, and sure enough, they indicated "not verified"

I am a reapplicant. My hours carried over from last year. I selected "Reverify my Hours" on July 6. I phoned PTCAS today and told them that a University had stated such, and that I was sure my hours were verified. They looked, and admitted something was screwed up, and that they would fix it. I checked again at 6pm tonight. All apps now read verified, and "Check Status" button works! I feel nearly complete.

Two things happened today:

1. For the first time since July 5, my "Check Status" button worked!
2. A University informed me that my Observation Hours were not "electronically verified". This was in contrast of what I was lead to believe. I checked a copy of my apps, and sure enough, they indicated "not verified"

I am a reapplicant. My hours carried over from last year. I selected "Reverify my Hours" on July 6. I phoned PTCAS today and told them that a University had stated such, and that I was sure my hours were verified. They looked, and admitted something was screwed up, and that they would fix it. I checked again at 6pm tonight. All apps now read verified, and "Check Status" button works! I feel nearly complete.

WOW!! It finally worked for me today as well. Still frustrating as it hasn't worked until after I submitted my application and it is a tab that would have been useful prior to this point. Regardless, thankful that everything is finally working as it should. I did carry my hours over and I did not have any issues with that.

Best of luck with your applications!