Verified to get secondaries??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walrus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this question a little while ago, but I didn't see any answer to it, so here goes again:

Does your AMCAS need to be verified before you can start getting secondaries? Will AMCAS transmit your name, etc. to schools you designate without your application being verified?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS sends info from your application to the schools in "installments." See this page for details:

http://academic.uofs.edu/organization/hpo/amcasappinfo.html

Originally posted by walrus
I posted this question a little while ago, but I didn't see any answer to it, so here goes again:

Does your AMCAS need to be verified before you can start getting secondaries? Will AMCAS transmit your name, etc. to schools you designate without your application being verified?

thanks!

I guess what I'm asking is this: I just recently submitted my AMCAS, so should I expect to receive secondaries soon, or will I only receive them after I'm been verified (which I've heard can be up to 4-6 weeks of waiting)?

muchas gracias

Members don't see this ad :)
i will not answer you because the answer is out there and you are unwilling to look for it yourself.

i'll answer you...

you don't need to be verified to receive secondaries. in fact, you might receive a few right away. i submitted my amcas on a friday and got two secondaries via email the following monday!

but as said earlier, amcas sends out info in installments...so all your biographical data, etc goes first. you'll get secondaries from schools that don't screen either right away or within a few weeks. school that do screen will obviously take longer.