Verifying PT Observation Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdaniels360

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So far PTCAS has run smoothly except one minor problem. One of the PT's who's verifying my hours has verified them twice now. On the hours page on PTCAS i'm getting a magnifying glass symbol in an orange circle after she said she'd verified them (twice). When i wave my mouse over the symbol it says send observation hours to verifier. The first time i just clicked it and the site in the "send for verification" column went blank as the symbol disappeared. I'm hesitant to send it again and have to bother the PT to re-submit the form.

Anyone else had this issue? It's my first of many PT's to verify my hours so i'm not sure this will be the case with the others or not. Also she was one of my references and she completed that section today. One problem.... that section says complete... and the hours section doesn't.

Any ideas?

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I would say try to contact PTCAS. From what I have heard they are really good at getting back to you. You could either try calling them, emailing them, contacting their Facebook page, or their twitter account. Hope this helps, and that you can get this resolved!

Thanks. I tweeted at them and will hopefully get a response tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
PTCAS is really good about responding on Facebook...

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the PT is verifying multiple observation hours for different locations in the same application cycle...
If that is the case: One of the observation hour requests must be a paper verification unless the PT has another e-mail address you can send it to. I ran into this issue last year.
Hope that helps. Peace and God bless

For it all figured out. Thanks guys.

What happened? What was the problem
I also did hours with the same DPT in two different settings does that mean I need 2 different emails from her or can I just create two separate entry's using one email? Confused here

No no no, just click all that apply with that PT. So if you were at a hospital, and you saw geriatrics, wound care, and ortho, then you just click all the appropriate boxes. However, if you shadowed the same PT at an outpatient facility and an inpatient facility, then this is when you'd need to verify through two separate emails.

Joe

I have a follow-up question: I'm applying to 7 schools, none of which require my hours to be verified. However, of the 3 different PTs I have worked with, 2 verified my hours and 1 has not. Would this inconsistency look weird to admission officers and people reviewing my application? Thanks!