Very disappointed from AAMC FL1:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woktheline

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly feel pretty defeated at the moment. What can I do to even come close to something north of 510+? I've already rescheduled once to now take on 5/27

My prep methods, starting since December:
- did ~ 1 mo content (Kaplan books + KA vids); have been doing Anki (Miledown + my own decks) daily since
- started UCopyright immediately + reviews; on second round of U**** currently
- FLs (scores in image below)
- AAMC section banks (51%, 58%, 68%)
- have tried what feels like every way to review FLs and problems (paper, excel, MF carrier pigeons, etc.)

what do I do?

1651356388758.png

1651356761059.png

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you re-reschedule the MCAT to later in the year.

Then, you work on your weaknesses.

You do NOT take the MCAT until you are 100% ready, even if it means skipping an application cycle.

Med schools aren't going anywhere

Reactions: 6 users
Well, you re-reschedule the MCAT to later in the year.

Then, you work on your weaknesses.

You do NOT take the MCAT until you are 100% ready, even if it means skipping an application cycle.

Med schools aren't going anywhere
Appreciate it.

Any chance I pull up in time to be in my shooting range, or seems unlikely?

It’s just psychologically draining as a much older non-trad to admit to another year of doing it over is all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate it.

Any chance I pull up in time to be in my shooting range, or seems unlikely?

It’s just psychologically draining as a much older non-trad to admit to another year of doing it over is all.
-Uworld Q bank (all questions and explanations)
-All AMCA question banks
-All full lengths

At this point, content review wouldn’t really help but you’re a score in which content review is needed. Only hope would be to recognize question stems/types.

I would reschedule

Hire a MCAT company that can work with you to address your weaknesses. See MCAT thread for possibilities. Best wishes.

Reactions: 1 user

IMO low MCAT scores boil down to either not understanding the content knowledge OR not effectively reasoning through the passages and questions AND/OR running out of time.

So what I would do in your shoes is:

1: listen to @Goro
2: Take those Anki mile down cards and only use them to study psych/social. Do maybe 50 new cards per day. I did this for about two months and made a 128 in that section.
3: Your Bio section needs work so do these for that: learn amino acids inside and out, learn enzymes and enzyme kinetics, learn genetics and DNA biochemistry thoroughly.
4: CARS is low so for this you’ll need to work on your critical analysis skills, which will also help you in every other section. TBH idk what you can do besides do practice questions in this and carefully review and reflect on what the arguments were and how the test wanted you to determine that.

I feel your pain in this as I was taking practice tests before my MCAT and scoring a 504, but ended up with a 499. It pays dividends to take a break and allow yourself the time to get the material down.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user