Very Important(s) question about research?

Started by Genefreak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Genefreak

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have some questions with regard to 'research' requirements for getting accepted into MD/PhD programs.

I am a transfer International student here in the US, and I attend a small college in a rural town. I will graduate in 2012, and would like to get into and Md/phD program.

I started school in the US last year and I have only been able to start some short term research at another university for the summer. When I go back to school my professor said I could do some research in her lab. I apply to apply next year, which means by the time I apply, I will have done about one year of research? However hopefully when I graduate I will have 2 full yrs of research.

To my questions, how long does one have to do research and how important in the nature of the research.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some insight, as will as any relevant experiences.

Thanks in advance.