Vet Prep Program at Colorado State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwerty85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, could anyone tell me about the Vet Prep program at CSU?? Do you have to apply separately (from VMCAS) or if you are put on the waitlist/rejected are you automatically put on the vet prep program list?? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, could anyone tell me about the Vet Prep program at CSU?? Do you have to apply separately (from VMCAS) or if you are put on the waitlist/rejected are you automatically put on the vet prep program list?? Thanks everyone.

I believe it has to do with filling out their disadvantage section on their supplemental application. CKGilabert is starting it this year as well as quite a few others on SDN as well. Hopefully they can answer you questions more specifically.

you're going to have to fill out a CSU supplemental. it basically asks a BUNCH of short essay questions. fill out EVERYTHING. i didnt even know i was applying to the vet prep program. i think out of the 1900 students that applied to CSU, only 800 people filled out the economically/socially/financially disadvantaged portion of the supplemental. only 8 people per year get into the program.

good luck!!

and after meeting some people who have been accepted into the program.....i was like "how did I get in?" LOL. i cant tell you what they look for....because honestly, they look at the WHOLE package.

write as much as you can, open up. i dont know what made me stand out....if i did, i'd tell you. lol. geequed made an application booklet for everyone to look at....its somewhere on here and it's a download. anyway, you'll see my personal statement there. and that's just a small portion that's about me. i also put my stats on the accepted applicants section.

if you have questions....ask!!