Vet School Interview Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mglow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing for my first vet school interview and need some advice on proper attire. I have been reading relevant advice on the forum, but just wanted to ask anyway. It was suggested to me that I need to wear a dress or skirt, but I will not be comfortable wearing either of those at all. I would much rather wear a professional pant suit (black or grey pants with matching blazer and neutral colored blouse). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am preparing for my first vet school interview and need some advice on proper attire. I have been reading relevant advice on the forum, but just wanted to ask anyway. It was suggested to me that I need to wear a dress or skirt, but I will not be comfortable wearing either of those at all. I would much rather wear a professional pant suit (black or grey pants with matching blazer and neutral colored blouse). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I know there's another thread and you should check it out, but seriously if it's professional, clean, and presentable, it doesn't matter. I wore a black suit with a red shirt to be "memorable," lol. EVERYONE wore a black suit with a red shirt, it seemed. I do remember there was a gal who wore a pink suit with a navy shirt and it was very striking. But just dress true to yourself. Your attire won't necessarily make you, but sloppy, inappropriate, or dirty attire can leave a negative impression.

Reactions: 1 user