Vet School Interview Attire

Started by mglow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mglow

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am preparing for my first vet school interview and need some advice on proper attire. I have been reading relevant advice on the forum, but just wanted to ask anyway. It was suggested to me that I need to wear a dress or skirt, but I will not be comfortable wearing either of those at all. I would much rather wear a professional pant suit (black or grey pants with matching blazer and neutral colored blouse). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
I am preparing for my first vet school interview and need some advice on proper attire. I have been reading relevant advice on the forum, but just wanted to ask anyway. It was suggested to me that I need to wear a dress or skirt, but I will not be comfortable wearing either of those at all. I would much rather wear a professional pant suit (black or grey pants with matching blazer and neutral colored blouse). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I know there's another thread and you should check it out, but seriously if it's professional, clean, and presentable, it doesn't matter. I wore a black suit with a red shirt to be "memorable," lol. EVERYONE wore a black suit with a red shirt, it seemed. I do remember there was a gal who wore a pink suit with a navy shirt and it was very striking. But just dress true to yourself. Your attire won't necessarily make you, but sloppy, inappropriate, or dirty attire can leave a negative impression.