Vet School Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

safthegiraffe

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I have the VMCA's prerequisite chart for all the vet schools and had a question about the English section. It says 6 units of English composition and I have taken composition and rhetoric at my school for 3 units. Are the other 3 units supposed to be my literature GE?
 
Hi everyone!

I have the VMCA's prerequisite chart for all the vet schools and had a question about the English section. It says 6 units of English composition and I have taken composition and rhetoric at my school for 3 units. Are the other 3 units supposed to be my literature GE?

No, you will need to take an additional 3 credits of coursework. The GRE does not cover any pre-reqs


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe they meant GE as in general education, not GRE.

OP, ask the schools you wish to apply to if your literature class works for their English credit. I know mine did. Schools may be willing to accept it or substitute it in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad