Vet School Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safthegiraffe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have the VMCA's prerequisite chart for all the vet schools and had a question about the English section. It says 6 units of English composition and I have taken composition and rhetoric at my school for 3 units. Are the other 3 units supposed to be my literature GE?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you will need to take an additional 3 credits of coursework. The GRE does not cover any pre-reqs

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone!

I have the VMCA's prerequisite chart for all the vet schools and had a question about the English section. It says 6 units of English composition and I have taken composition and rhetoric at my school for 3 units. Are the other 3 units supposed to be my literature GE?

No, you will need to take an additional 3 credits of coursework. The GRE does not cover any pre-reqs

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe they meant GE as in general education, not GRE.

OP, ask the schools you wish to apply to if your literature class works for their English credit. I know mine did. Schools may be willing to accept it or substitute it in.

Members don't see this ad :)