Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My name is Sheena and I live in TN. I have applied to University of TN vet school multiple times and never even got an interview. I recently got accepted into St. George University for Jan. 2011. I plan to go and was very happy to get in somewhere, but kinda bummed that it was not a AVMA accredited school and that I have to leave the United States.
I have never applied to an other schools in the US except UT, logic being that I live in Tennessee so if I can't get in my own state's vet school then I probably had no chance anywhere else. Then I got to thinking: what if my logic is wrong. I would really appreciate any lists or advice on schools that accept students with lower gpas. I have a 3.1 with a Biology major. Also have 5 years of working with a veterinarian. Ive heard Kansas was a good choice, but their gpa statistics were around that of 3.5. any help is appreciated. As of now I will be moving to grenada to be a vet.
I have never applied to an other schools in the US except UT, logic being that I live in Tennessee so if I can't get in my own state's vet school then I probably had no chance anywhere else. Then I got to thinking: what if my logic is wrong. I would really appreciate any lists or advice on schools that accept students with lower gpas. I have a 3.1 with a Biology major. Also have 5 years of working with a veterinarian. Ive heard Kansas was a good choice, but their gpa statistics were around that of 3.5. any help is appreciated. As of now I will be moving to grenada to be a vet.

And as cowgirla said, I was thinking it too. He just typed it out first. Blunt? Yes. Wrong? No.