Vet Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

freeriderorsomething

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have taken online courses while in the military, but am now at a 4 year university. Had about a 3.0 online coursework GPA. Now I have a 3.2 GPA at my current school. Science GPA is about 3.5. My first couple semesters here were pretty terrible. Had to retake a non prereq intro chem class a bunch of times. I've since then greatly improved and taken the General chemistry prereq class and passed with a A. Will this completely kill all chances for me or is there still some hope?

-Have not yet taken the MCAT
-3.2 gpa/3.5 sci gpa
-Served 5 years active duty military
-9,000 + patient care hours as a Navy Corpsman, Medical assistant, Emt-b
-Shadow hours
-very good lor's
-decent volunteer service
-older applicant 28 years old
- URM

What do you all think? Do I have a shot? Thanks!