Vet Student Blogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDVMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any favorite veterinary related blogs they'd love to share! I JUST started my own, and was hoping to integrate myself into the small network of vet student bloggers :)

http://voguevet.wordpress.com

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any favorite veterinary related blogs they'd love to share! I JUST started my own, and was hoping to integrate myself into the small network of vet student bloggers :)

http://voguevet.wordpress.com

What Comes Next: http://ejh345.wordpress.com/

She hasn't been updating as frequently because she just: got married, graduated, and opened her own practice, but I read all the archives. It was nice to read a fairly current experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
So.....I'm hesitant to do this, because it's not a blog about vet school yet, but I've been blogging for the last 2 years or so, chronicalling the horsey part of my life - including riding 100 mile endurance races. I plan on blogging throughout vet school this year (assuming I get in....), so it will become a vet student blog soon.....

www.bootsandsaddles4mel.blogspot.com

My most current post is perhaps a bit scatterbrained - demonstrating what the current applicant who has ann interview on Tuesday brain function level is....

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any favorite veterinary related blogs they'd love to share! I JUST started my own, and was hoping to integrate myself into the small network of vet student bloggers.

It feels a little self-aggrandizing, but I've been blogging (infrequently ... I try to post only every few weeks, as opposed to "today I put HAM in my bacon and egg omelet, just for a change!") since 2008, when I decided vet school was in my future. Since all that time was pre-reqs, shadowing, and whatnot, it's perhaps 50% 'vet' and 50% 'family/life/etc'.

http://animaltracks.wordpress.com

... and yes, that's my Husky at the top with a very typical expression.

Thanks to people posting links. I've occasionally felt a bit isolated because I really only know a couple other vet-school students or pre-students. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better through your blogs.

Aww, I like your picture. :)

Wait, you are moving from KEY WEST to MINNESOTA?.

Oh God no! I've been in MN since first grade.... 35 years or so. My (retired) parents have started wintering in Key West the last few years.

I love winter - the more snow the better. Except when I'm shoveling my driveway.

I have a blog that I started when I got into school. It is mostly to keep my husband's family updated on life because they are in Vermont and we are in Oklahoma. I do talk about my experiences in school though. I must admit that I am not a very good blogger. Something will happen in class or whatever and I think, "this would be great for the blog." By the time I get home or have time to write, I forget all the cool stuff lol.

In case you want to read this self-declared bad blog here is the address: petdoctobe.wordpress.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Since we are on the subject - is it OK to put blog addresses in our signatures? I wasn't sure if that was against the rules of "advertising" so I haven't done it.

Here is a link to my blog: http://dressagestudent.com/
Right now it basically stems around my young horse Holly (show name Hawkeye so I love your username HawketeVet!), dressage, our training and competitions however as it progresses there will be stuff there about school :) I only have 2 posts there now.

Soooo I know this isn't a "vet school blog" but I have developed a passion (and pretty good skill) for baking cupcakes, and this semester I started a baking blog. Technically it's related to vet school simply because it's my stress reliever and subsequent self-esteem booster ;P

Anways, the address is:

http://thefeistybaker.wordpress.com/.

Its honestly pretty legit, if you're into baking, or want to get into baking. I basically just share my recipes and how I crank out the treats that I do... so if anyone cared, just thought I'd share. Had nothing to do today so I spent about the last 2 or 3 hours writing posts from recipes I'd been accumulating yet too busy to put up.

Soooo I know this isn't a "vet school blog" but I have developed a passion (and pretty good skill) for baking cupcakes, and this semester I started a baking blog. Technically it's related to vet school simply because it's my stress reliever and subsequent self-esteem booster ;P

Anways, the address is:

http://thefeistybaker.wordpress.com/.

Its honestly pretty legit, if you're into baking, or want to get into baking. I basically just share my recipes and how I crank out the treats that I do... so if anyone cared, just thought I'd share. Had nothing to do today so I spent about the last 2 or 3 hours writing posts from recipes I'd been accumulating yet too busy to put up.

I just read your coffee and almond and eggnog cupcake post. Freaking awesome! I am pro at cooking but baking I just don't quite get (like why do the raspberries always sink to the bottom in my muffins?! :mad:) so i cant imagine being able to just adapt and do my own baking recipes!!!

I just read your coffee and almond and eggnog cupcake post. Freaking awesome! I am pro at cooking but baking I just don't quite get (like why do the raspberries always sink to the bottom in my muffins?! :mad:) so i cant imagine being able to just adapt and do my own baking recipes!!!

Haha, well, I just try stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm a good cook as well, but when I cook, my dishes are simple. I have a handful of go-to recipes I have mastered but they don't require a lot of ingredients (I make a mean avocado pesto) but baking I just really really enjoy doing.

&& thank you so much!

Anybody have any current Vet student blogs? I am looking for new ones from 2016 onward.

Anybody have any current Vet student blogs? I am looking for new ones from 2016 onward.

DestinationDVM is one that just started. Has a bunch of different authors that are contributing. Not much up yet since most of them are starting this coming August but maybe keep an eye on that one. I am one of the authors :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
DestinationDVM is one that just started. Has a bunch of different authors that are contributing. Not much up yet since most of them are starting this coming August but maybe keep an eye on that one. I am one of the authors :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you!

I have just started my own blog since I have now been accepted to vet school, my blogs will be about my experiences at vet school, animal care, and other animal matters. This would be useful if you want to know what vet school is really like... Veterinary Journey | Veterinaryjourney

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone. I'm a small animal internist and just recently created a blog that is currently focusing on the matching program but will eventually switch gears into other topics. We're also in the process of writing an ebook about the whole VIRMP matching program that will hopefully be out by the end of the month. I hope it will be a great help for all the advanced training seekers out there!

Feel free to check us out at vetmedsurvivalguide.com and share with anyone you think will benefit from it!

Last edited: