Veteranarian Story

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Arijos0222

"The Opportune Moment"
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to share my experience with the Vet side of medicine. This is for all you SDN-ers and for FantasyVesperia, to fuel his interests in the pursuit of a DVM.

I have two dogs who recently had gotten surgery.

My parents had received a phone call from the doctor saying that my dogs were okay, except for the fact that they given my one dog, Bentley, an accidental double dosage of pain medication. My mother and father had tears swell in their eyes, and my mother was crying all over the place. I even felt a little choked up, I mean, those dogs are my family!

We scurry to see him.

We wait in the office, and after a few minutes of anxious waiting the doctor comes in, eyes bloodshot red from her perhaps previous tears.

I could see she was very distraught about this, I could see that she cared about the animals she looked after.

We then go and pick up and take Bentley, my now extremely lethargic dog to Animerge Pet Hospital to be monitored over night.

He is okay and he is safe here at home, sitting comfortably in the living room as I type this.

I couldn't help but to recognize the importance and the gift of all life. I did not see how a Vet's work could be "worthwhile" and "life changing"

I did not understand how preserving the life of animals could be fulfilling, since they do not even fully comprehend, nor do they appreciate the care that you have given them.

But now I understand.

And I am very grateful for veteranarians who dedicate their life to preserving the life of animals.

A dog is truly man's best friend.
 
I wanted to share my experience with the Vet side of medicine. This is for all you SDN-ers and for FantasyVesperia, to fuel his interests in the pursuit of a DVM.

I have two dogs who recently had gotten surgery.

My parents had received a phone call from the doctor saying that my dogs were okay, except for the fact that they given my one dog, Bentley, an accidental double dosage of pain medication. My mother and father had tears swell in their eyes, and my mother was crying all over the place. I even felt a little choked up, I mean, those dogs are my family!

We scurry to see him.

We wait in the office, and after a few minutes of anxious waiting the doctor comes in, eyes bloodshot red from her perhaps previous tears.

I could see she was very distraught about this, I could see that she cared about the animals she looked after.

We then go and pick up and take Bentley, my now extremely lethargic dog to Animerge Pet Hospital to be monitored over night.

He is okay and he is safe here at home, sitting comfortably in the living room as I type this.

I couldn't help but to recognize the importance and the gift of all life. I did not see how a Vet's work could be "worthwhile" and "life changing"

I did not understand how preserving the life of animals could be fulfilling, since they do not even fully comprehend, nor do they appreciate the care that you have given them.

But now I understand.

And I am very grateful for veteranarians who dedicate their life to preserving the life of animals.

A dog is truly man's best friend.

Good story and thanks for sharing! Glad everything is ok with your dogs. Animals always become very attached to us in our lives. The few veterinarians i have met, i noticed they truly enjoy their work as well.
 
Thanks for sharing this wonderful story 🙂. It is a really fulfilling moment witnessing fellow pet owners and veterinarians work together and put so much time and effort to give them the best care possible. Also 👍👍 for Bentley 😀.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love dogs! I've had my dog for about 8 years now and he is starting to get old on me 🙁 (he was around 4 when I got him). Animals uplift spirit even without asking them too! Nice story man! Glad your wittle doggies are doing just fine! 🙂
 
👍 thanks for this! and especially what jpatel said, glad that your dog is okay 🙂
 
Thank you everyone for the uplifting comments, and sorry for the late reply. 🙄

& for some reason I actually sort of dislike going into Vet's offices and Doctor's offices nowadays.

The visits keep nudging me to become a physician myself. The thoughts won't go away my friends :scared:
 
Well of course, you could always become a physician at an older age...

OR become a physician and study your interests in your free time (with medical knowledge that may spark ideas).