Veterinarian accused of animal abuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Serendipity4

U of MN Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is really weird. I was just watching my local news (in AZ) and heard about a vet accused of animal abuse. Evidently he's accused of punching a chihuahua 3-5 times, causing the dog's eye to become dislodged and requiring surgery. The weirdest thing is this is the vet I took Sera (my avatar) to when she was a puppy; when I adopted her she had hematomas on both her ears and the shelter sent me to him to have the surgery done. Plus he offered me a job while I was there -- I guess I'm glad I didn't take that job! Seriously, how could anyone, let alone a vet!, do something like that?!?

Members don't see this ad.

i remember reading on this thread last year sometime that someone worked/volunteered with a vet that became aggressive with some animals-anybody remember that? that person wanted to quit, but was confused about what she should do though i believe she actually witnessed some of his violence.....

i, unfortunately, have been in this situation. i worked with a vet, who at the time of my hire, was apparently normal, and my parents had gone to him for 20 years. as time went on, he became a little more cantankerous (spelling?), resentful, and just plain mean. he began compromising animal health for his own benefit, and on a few occaisions, i believe, was cruel to the animals. i was very young at the time, and honestly i should have reported him, but i just took it all in and learned from him. he taught me exactly what kind of vet NOT to be, and he made a lasting impression that i will never forget. when i finally quit, it was at the point i couldn't take anymore, i couldn't stand there and watch him berate an innocent animal for being an animal. but i learned from it.