Veterinary documentary

Started by mr1985
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mr1985

AVC c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found a short documentary called Canaries to Clydesdales. It shows the day to day workings of a couple of mixed animal vets in the 70s. It mainly focuses on the large animal work though. It's pretty gruesome stuff at times - I wonder how much things have changed?

http://www.nfb.ca/film/Canaries_to_Clydesdales

Oh, and I posted this a while ago, but here's a documentary series about vets from the Western world working in Hong Kong: http://www.factualtv.com/search/hong%20kong%20vets
 
I've only watched about 3 minutes of this video and have already noticed a few "no-noes". 1. NEVER pick a rabbit up by the ears. 2. CLEAN the injection site!
 
Thanks for posting that - it was interesting. I guess I didn't find it too gruesome though...and of course there are some things that aren't acceptable anymore, but things have changed a lot since then. I always find it amazing how many different species that some vets have to be comfortable treating.
 
I am so glad that advances in pain control have been made since then. I only regret that some veterinarians are still practicing without pain meds like these guys did back in the 70's.