Veterinary experience for foreign veterinary graduate

Started by Pankdelmal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pankdelmal

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a recently graduated DVM from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, which is accredited by the AVMA, I am also a Mexican citizen. I want to do an internship and residency in the US, but they tell me to be competitive enough to get the position I need to gain more experience in accredited AVMA institutions. I have no idea how I can get this experience in the US, where should I apply to or what should I do? any help?
 
Also, a lot of the internship programs require that you finish their externship program first. So basically, the externship would help you get your foot in the door.
 
I am a recently graduated DVM from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, which is accredited by the AVMA, I am also a Mexican citizen. I want to do an internship and residency in the US, but they tell me to be competitive enough to get the position I need to gain more experience in accredited AVMA institutions. I have no idea how I can get this experience in the US, where should I apply to or what should I do? any help?
contact UABC Mexicali, they have done this sort of thing to link Mexico University to private hospitals in the southern California.

Tomas Renteria is the Principal at the University.

they also have a page on facebook.