Veterinary Experience in S Africa

Started by tblover
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tblover

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a first year vet student this fall and wondered if anyone was aware of any veterinary experience opportunities for vet students during the summers in South Africa? I am originally from there and am interested in combining a working summer with a trip home.
 
I don't know what school you are going to but some schools offer international certificate prgrams (I know tufts does) that require you to go elsewhere for a summer. You can also probably get grant money if you make your case correctly. Contact your school and ask--I'm sure others have had the same question.
 
I just visited wildlifevets.com and they offer a cool program that I am VERY interested in doing next summer. 2 weeks in S African for an intro course to wildlife conservation medicine for vet students and new vets. Cost is about $3000, but you have to provide your own transportation there. Once there, the $3000 covers everything.