veterinary gift

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi! my twin's birthday is coming up and i'd love to get her something veterinary related. (she's applying to vet school this year). what would you recommend would be a fun or useful gift for a pre-vet / future veterinary student?

Members don't see this ad.

a basic stethoscope would be nice.

I agree, a stethoscope is a good idea (depending on your budget there are a few price ranges). Also a Merck Veterinary Manual would be cool. I know vets that have had theirs for 30 years or longer. They can be found at Barnes and Noble or Schuler's but they typically run $45-50.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not exactly vet-related, but anything related to stress relief is great for the application year(s) AND for vet school. Gift cards for Starbucks, chocolate, bath salts, etc etc etc! I'm sure there is some way to make those more animal-related :)

I wouldn't personally go with a stethoscope for a pre-vet. To me, that's a "congrats you got in!" gift.. I wouldn't want to look at a stethoscope every day if I didn't get in... Just a personal opinion.

I would get something based around stress relief or maybe a book or souveneir from the school that she is hoping to attend.

I'm a pre-vet also (applying now) and over the weekend I bought a Merck Manual and have really enjoyed reading it. Your twin might enjoy it also!