Veterinary Handouts/ Resources in Foreign Languages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZosiaBalcerek

LIU CVM c/o 2026
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on a business communication project as a part of the SHIP Program for veterinary students. My project focuses on overcoming language barriers in a small animal, general practice hospital. I have been working alongside a veterinarian, and my goal for this summer is to create a database with veterinary resources and handouts in different languages. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone has any advice for me or know any websites/sources with similar information in any foreign languages. Any information will be extremely helpful.

PS. I am looking for simple handouts regarding vaccines, routine procedures, etc. as well as more complicated sources that would provide information for clients regarding specific diseases/illnesses that could serve as additional information if the language barrier is present.

Ideal would be similar to handouts from VIN, I am aware that they provide universal translation but since I do not speak all of these languages it is difficult for me to check the accuracy of translations.
TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

I know Latinx VMA has a bunch of Spanish handouts on tons of different things! I think AVMA does as well. Not sure about any other languages though. Canadian VMA may have French?

Reactions: 1 user
I know Latinx VMA has a bunch of Spanish handouts on tons of different things! I think AVMA does as well. Not sure about any other languages though. Canadian VMA may have French?
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all of these!