Veterinary Histology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tuttley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Can anyone recommend any book in particular that they found to be especially good for learning veterinary histology?

Cheers,
Tuttley

tealamutt

WSU class of 2012
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
histo was the bane of my existence. Personally I tried several books but in the end had the most success with looking at slides over and over and over. My friend who helped me out a lot with this class said that was what worked best for her too.

bclover

UIUC-CVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually found that the books were only marginally helpful if you were a little unsure of something you are looking at. Otherwise just review, review, review the slides.

StealthDog

U of MN 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I liked Wheater's Functional Histology... it's a human book, but hey, tissues are tissues, right?

jellyfishing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
wheater's histology is great!! definitely get that!! :)

fargeese

VMRCVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used the Wheater's as well, and got the book for 4.00 dollars by ordering an old edition. There hasn't been too much change in what liver looks like in the last 5 years... :)

bclover

UIUC-CVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wheater's was the best I had/used this fall, but a classmate of mine had one from undergrad that was better - just don't know the name of it or who it wrote it.

We have virtual slides and they are SO awesome! You could review them at anytime, anywhere and scan around to see/mark different things - then save or print a copy for future reference/review. One really good use of virtual technology in my opinion!

mdnghtdnc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have found that Wheaters, Ross (human), and Dellman are all three really good.... if you are thinking more on the line of pictures and not information Bacha is good.

bovine

OSU CVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also like Wheaters

mmarujj

Reaction score
can anybody send me a link to download free ebook of wheater's functional histology book. please