S

slaitken

Does anyone know of any good veterinary pharmacy resources? I'm currently in pharmacy school, and none of the pharmacy folks have been able to point me towards anything that's very good clinically. I'm looking for something that I would be able to put on a PocketPC, if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Angelo84

Tufts Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status
Veterinary Student
Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook is great. I don't know if there is a version that is online/downloadable though. What do you need animal dosages for in (human?)pharmacy?

OP
S

slaitken

I'd be using it for the animal dosages/indications. Some drugs have completely different indications from animals to humans, as well as different side effects, kinetics, etc.

Depending on what setting a pharmacist works in, they're responsible for some dispensing or compounding of animal medications. Liability comes with that responsibility, so I'd like to know what I'm actually giving out before I do it.

sms25

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
Status
Veterinary Student
Plumbs is definitely the way to go. Here's a link to the publisher's website for the mobile edition. There's also a pocket sized edition, but I think it's only available through the publisher. I used this book for pharmacology and in clinics I've worked in the doctors alway use it for dosing, side effects, etc. It's a great resource. Good luck!

http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/book.asp?ref=9780813821726&site=1

OP
S

slaitken

Thanks everyone, Plumb's seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

juckspar

10+ Year Member
May 5, 2008
NY
Status
Veterinary Student
thx everybody Plumb's is just great..