Veterinary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a health sciences website, not a dog catcher one ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DVM pwns DO and MD and DC mwhahaha..they are experts at patient care because their patients cant talk:rolleyes:

hey hey hey we can be nice to the pre-vets. I did all my pre-med prereqs with a pre-vet student - based on her research into vet schools, she was WAY more worried about her GPA even than the pre-meds. It's tough to get into vet school.

Gosh, Blitzkrieg your intelligence comes shining through on this board:rolleyes: :p

Yea for SDN for finally recognizing the pre-vets! It's about time there was a pre-vet forum here.

Thank You SDN! :clap:

I've stolen this from someone else but I like it:

Real Doctors Study More than One Species!

Originally posted by emerald
Thank You SDN! :clap:

I've stolen this from someone else but I like it:

Real Doctors Study More than One Species!

You must have visited About's website on vet medicine. I have visited that site too. Love the message board there!

Originally posted by OwlMyste
You must have visited About's website on vet medicine. I have visited that site too. Love the message board there!

Yea, that is where I got it. They do have a really nice message board.

:thumbup: :thumbup: I like it too.
You should start a thread with that title in the lounge:smuggrin:

Absolutely fantastic! It is great to have a pre-vet forum like this. After reading many of the posts I am very excited to learn there are other students in a position like mine! Like others I am interested in medicine (osteopathic), and vet medicine. I am a first year biomedical science graduate student at The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. I was accepted both here and at Drexel University's MLAS (master of laboratory animal science) program. I chose to attend PCOM because I was not sure if I could rise to challenge of applying to Penn; however I will still apply after this year at PCOM, that is if I can obtain a 1275 GRE! LOL! Are there others at Penn or anywhere else, who have advise for me?

Don't get your hopes up. Lee said there would "NEVER" be a chiro forum here.

But wouldn't it be fun?! All that conflict and contention would make Everyone look like a lovefest. :D

Sorry for not posting right away herpeto, my computer was at the tech for a week or so. Yes I am absolutely going to pursue Vet school! Don't get me wrong I have thought about medical school here at PCOM, but any thought I ever had about medicine was influenced by making more money, and thats wrong! My heart is in Vet medicine, working with the animals makes me very happy. I work part time as a vet tech, and I love it, and I want more! Don't fool yourself Herpeto! If you like working with animals then apply to Vet school. Your GRE scores sound very good, I think you have a great chance. If you don't get in the first time, then look for the back door (Drexel University VMS program is a 1 year postbac prevet program that WILL get you into vet school). If you are like me and you feel the passion, and want to make direction in your life...then follow your heart. Most people today seem very wicked, and hurtful. I don't know if a career in medicine today is ideal for people who really care. With the way managed care is set up and the attitude of the patient toward the doctor, it just seems like a complicated stressful profession. I know that I could not be happy, unless I was making serious money, and there is no guarntee of that, so why center my life around making money? I can't take it with me! It is only right that I take direction in my life, and help the animals that I care so much about.:) I hope you do the same.

Awesome post SplitDoc. I highly respect your outlook and the conclusion you have come to. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks centrum I will need it! Does anyone have stats on male/female starting vet school this year?

yes:

Males: Not enough of them! Mostly gay (small animal) or married. All usually good looking (esp. large animal!) All very smart.

Females: Too many of them. Some gay, mostly single. Small animal girls are cute and large animal girls can be scary! All very smart.

In Auburn's class of 2007 there are 62 females and 32 males. In my class, there are 33 males and 59 females I believe. So the distribution hasn't changed much from last year to this year.