-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Vibrio Vulnificus
Started by ngmc11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If patient came in with a wound from the ocean, what do you use to treat in a relatively healthy pt after it gets sutured?
Doxy plus 3rd generation ceph (like cefdinir)?
Levaquin?
Do you know it is vibrio already?
Those regimens are recommended from the CDC - but they usually use IV therapy, so IV doxy plus IV ceftaz (not po cefdinir). This pathogen causes a lot of nec fasc, so likely would not screw around with po therapy initially if I thought it was vibrio.
FQ are also an option.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely throw in Dapto, Zyvox, Mycamine, Tygacil, Merrem, and Amikacin.
And don't forget to apply some triple antibiotic on the wound... and do a spit clean.
Got one of those docs I see. I feel ya.
Got one of those docs I see. I feel ya.![]()
No dood. We don't. My abx cost is $6 per APD.
We hardly use big guns. Our Ps A susceptibilty is 97%+ for Zosyn. We have almost no ESBL.
Our strep dies when we spit on it.
I created a decade long trend of our antibiogram...the only major changes were with MRSA...which actually got better the past 6 years and increase in VRE.
e coli got stronger against FQ... but that's about it.
We have an awesome community ABS program. we should probably publish
No dood. We don't. My abx cost is $6 per APD.
We hardly use big guns. Our Ps A susceptibilty is 97%+ for Zosyn. We have almost no ESBL.
Our strep dies when we spit on it.
I created a decade long trend of our antibiogram...the only major changes were with MRSA...which actually got better the past 6 years and increase in VRE.
e coli got stronger against FQ... but that's about it.
We have an awesome community ABS program. we should probably publish
Now that I got my plate full with non-clinical work, the abuses are on the rise again. It seems in an undeserved neighborhood, you are stuck with subpar practice all around and very little support or resources to make changes. 🙁
Other than vibrio - you need to treat for Aeromonas.
You go with a flouroquinolone like levaquin.
You go with a flouroquinolone like levaquin.