lioness2408

Tufts c/o 2020
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
RI
Status
Veterinary Student
Hi Everyone!

I am planning on doing a VIDA veterinary trip this summer and am very excited! But when I went to fill out the application there was a space for veterinary trip participants to include an essay...I can't find any information on what this essay is supposed to be. Does anyone have any experience with this? What am I supposed to write? (Also the box for the essay is not marked with a red asterix; does that mean that I don't have to write it/don't have to write it until later?)

twelvetigers

stabby cat
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
TTown
Status
Veterinarian
Hi Everyone!

I am planning on doing a VIDA veterinary trip this summer and am very excited! But when I went to fill out the application there was a space for veterinary trip participants to include an essay...I can't find any information on what this essay is supposed to be. Does anyone have any experience with this? What am I supposed to write? (Also the box for the essay is not marked with a red asterix; does that mean that I don't have to write it/don't have to write it until later?)
I don't even remember that being there. I have no idea if it's really necessary or not. I wouldn't think it would be - it's not like you are vying for a position.

Smudgen

Cornell DVM '18
Nov 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I've been on two VIDA trips (which I thought were awesome - PM me if you have questions :)) and I remember having to write a 100 word (?) essay about why I wanted to go on a trip. I wrote about my interest in Latin American culture, my desire to improve my Spanish skills, and wanting to work in a clinic setting different from those I'd seen. It was very simple and I'm sure it won't impact your application that much.

Also, have you emailed VIDA to ask about the blank box? Their staff are SUPER helpful and nice and will probably be able to assist you better than SDNers.

Sep 10, 2013
Status
Veterinary Student
I just found this on their website: "Volunteers are required to submit a short essay stating their motive for wanting to be a VIDA volunteer in order to be accepted into this program." But I would definitely still email them to make sure that's what they want in that box, and to see if there's a word limit. That sounds like a great experience! Have fun!

Jul 27, 2013
Status
Pre-Veterinary
VIDA was an AMAZING experience! Feel free to private message me and I'll send you what I wrote for the essay! It's not something to stress over. :)