Video-conference style interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisismyname17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any precedence out there for a video-conference interview over the web. I am deploying to Afghanistan in Mid-June and would like to apply for med school as well. I would get back In July 2011 in time to get everything straightened out for the school year.

I should have access to a computer every once in a while and could make time available if the interview was granted. I can apply and do everything else via internet, the interview is the only hang up.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

since you are coming back in July, I don't think you would be missing out on any early interview invites. August interview dates are the earliest ones I have heard of. About the video-conf., I have heard of some MD schools offering that but don't know about DO schools. You could call up the schools you are interested in.

since you are coming back in July, I don't think you would be missing out on any early interview invites. August interview dates are the earliest ones I have heard of. About the video-conf., I have heard of some MD schools offering that but don't know about DO schools. You could call up the schools you are interested in.

I think he means he will be gone from June 2010 to July 2011, meaning he will be overseas during the entire 2011 application cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
About the video-conf., I have heard of some MD schools offering that but don't know about DO schools. You could call up the schools you are interested in.

Yeah I'm not sure if anyone on sdn would know, I would def suggest calling the schools personally and finding out. best of luck!

ask the schools you are applying to if they will do a phone interview. Then you can set up an appointment with an advisor about when you can call from a call center on base, since it will probably be middle of the night when you call.

When i was in Iraq in 2007-2008 there was one guy who actually did this, and it was with Loyola University Med School, which is an MD school but there is no reason DO schools cant do this. He emailed them explaining everything well before invites went out, and contacted various people. He said they were very understanding and everything went fine.

Also, I'm surprised you know your deployment date so far in advance. I think I got like 3-4 months notice for both of mine.