Viewpoints on 3rd year/4th year externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james6911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've just recently accepted my externship and was curious what many future colleagues see it as. I know some peers are looking at it as a window to their profession in hopes that they get a offer there. Others are seeing it as exploration to decide whether they can spend their career in that field. And then there's me, who is doing it to specialize (in vestibular).

What are your thoughts? - i know many here are not students yet so ill wait patiently :)

Members don't see this ad.

So i've just recently accepted my externship and was curious what many future colleagues see it as. I know some peers are looking at it as a window to their profession in hopes that they get a offer there. Others are seeing it as exploration to decide whether they can spend their career in that field. And then there's me, who is doing it to specialize (in vestibular).

What are your thoughts? - i know many here are not students yet so ill wait patiently :)

The reason I am going to my place is because they do EVERYTHING in audiology. This is the only time when I will get to be a student and have experience doing it all. There are many things in audiology where I haven't had any clinical experience or even observation so I look at my 4th year as getting to dabble in everything, decide what I do and don't like (all while bulking up my CV) and then I can decide what area I would prefer to "specialize" in or areas I want to stay away from.