Views on Sophie Davis Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvolutionaryRevolutionary

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a NY Stater, not from the city but I have heard about it.... I would say do it if you're to have any acceptance and if you really wanna opt out of the MCAT.
Are you in High School because I thought it was only for high schoolers?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't transfer into it, it's only for high school seniors. It's really intense, really competitive

Many people who went to SD would not have repeated the same mistake if given another opportunity. Many of my friends and I Regret going to Sophie Davis.
I always felt bad for my colleagues who got kicked out of the program anytime from year 1 to year 5 (in our particular year, 50% of the students who entered into the program with us either failed a year or got kicked out of the program altogether and in other classes it was roughly 33%. What made this brutal was that most of their credits didn't transfer over to other schools and they pretty much had to start all over from scratch without transferred credits four years into Sophie Davis). I think it's pretty cruel for a school to not care about the future if its ("failed") students. My heart goes out to them. A lot of them had a very tough journey thereafter.
They Lost Stony Brook and Dartmouth, the two better ones they had.
You pay just as much as or more than some other med schools if you opt out of primary care or specialize (this includes all of the Internal medicine sub specialties like cardio, GI, endocrine, nephrology, etc). (75,000 plus the tuition for 5 years at SD, which is minimal (5K to 5.4K a year total 25 K to 27K, I believe) plus the last two years of clinical years which runs around 50K, totaling to at least 150K total).