Virginia Commonwealth interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KBOUGHBE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a invited for an interview at VCU, and I was looking for some tips about the school, what kind of questions they ask in the interview, or any other help I can get.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a invited for an interview at VCU, and I was looking for some tips about the school, what kind of questions they ask in the interview, or any other help I can get.

Thanks.

At the top of the page there's a link for Interviews. Click on that and browse your way into interview feedback for your school. It's a good tool, very informative. It might not hurt you to check out some of the other schools' interview feedback, too.

The interview feedback is the best resource and many entries for VCU are there. The questions in the VCU feedback section pretty much cover everything they will ask you. There will always be questions about your particular experiences (personal/professional) and extracurriculars. Just as importantly, have questions you want answered b/c they will give you about 10 minutes per interview group to ask them. All-in-all it's a well organized and fairly laid-back 4 hour interview/tour. You will tour the campus, have 30 min to write an essay, and then have 2 20min interviews. Each interview will consist of 2 people, so a total of 4 people will talk with you.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit to PharmCAS? Also, did you get an e-mail or a letter in the mail offering the interview? I applied to VCU too and am wondering when I should keep an eye out.....

When did you submit to PharmCAS? Also, did you get an e-mail or a letter in the mail offering the interview? I applied to VCU too and am wondering when I should keep an eye out.....

They will call you for the interview. I submitted my PharmCAS at the beginning of August and interviewed on 9/22. Also, i saw another post of yours about being in- or out-of-state. I am out-of-state, but i am also from VA and graduated from Tech... i'm thinking that helped some, since academically i would be like other in-state applicants. Most of the people interviewing that day were in-state and only a few where out-of-state.

I got a call about a week ago. I am out of state...from Utah. I guess they review your app and then if you meet their needs, they'll contact you.

I got a call about a week ago. I am out of state...from Utah. I guess they review your app and then if you meet their needs, they'll contact you.

Hey KBOUGHBE,

I remember you from last year. I believe we both applied to Arizona. I hope this is you.Just wanna let you know that you shouldn't give up cos there is/are school/s out there that will admit you. I got accepted to Howard university already for next fall.So ,do not give up,just keep trying and your tenacity will help you in the long run.

Just some words of encouragement for you.

Peace

Hey Trackster,

Yeah I interviewed with you last year at Arizona, I am plannning on applying there again. I am pretty excited about this go around, hopefully I'll have better results. Congrats on Howard. You'll do great.

Hey Trackster,

Yeah I interviewed with you last year at Arizona, I am plannning on applying there again. I am pretty excited about this go around, hopefully I'll have better results. Congrats on Howard. You'll do great.

Thanks man and good luck reapplying.I would have loved to apply there too but cos of relationship reasons, I changed my mind and I'm moving eastward.

I believe your chances are better second time around,it shows you're persistent and you really want to go to their school.Yes, you have a pretty good chance provided you've made necessary changes to what happened last year.