Virginia law exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nano1971

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone happy new year to all of you.I started my internship six month ago and I am in my way to become a pharmacist in the state of Virginia and was just asking if anyone of you took that law exam recently his/ her insight is greatly appreciated.What are the references or materials that help ?Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you know really well Virginia Federal and State Drug Law ... When I took it four years ago, the exam was more state specific. Know details... like the different temperatures ( cold, freezer ) etc... etc. I only used materials provided by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy, which are online.

Hi thank you for taking time and reply appreciate your tips and would like if anyone in the forum would add any additional reference for the Law would help too.Thanks again.

Hi everyone happy new year to all of you.I started my internship six month ago and I am in my way to become a pharmacist in the state of Virginia and was just asking if anyone of you took that law exam recently his/ her insight is greatly appreciated.What are the references or materials that help ?Thanks
hey Nano , i will be taking virginia fsdle exam..just anted to ask your suggestions on how to study for this exam....can you suggest me on the same

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all you need is the materials they sent you study them carefully and take notes and a book by Alexis young I think it is pass the virginia law all I used and good luck!

I just took the exam recently and passed thank God. But I thought it was VERY tricky! I used the guidance documents and the Alexis Long book. The book is a good quiz after you've read the guidance documents. Personally for my exam, I don't think I would have passed solely on the Long book. But I've heard it's been done.
A little advice based on my experience...
  • Be able to identify within the laws the distinction between "and" & "or". I had several questions in which literally that was the only difference between two answer choices.
  • I personally had no questions about the temperature or DEA forms. Every exam will be different, obviously, so study as such.
  • Remember there is only one question based on Collaborative Practice. Don't miss the easy point.
  • You will be able to bookmark questions and go back and forth. Advantage- you can change answers. Disadvantage- you can second guess correct answers. Be careful!
  • You won't have to know too much brand generic, just be able to distinguish which are your CIIs.
  • If you've worked in retail pharmacy, don't get cocky and skip the details. That's where they will try to trick you up. But when in doubt refer to your experiences in your retail setting to help guide you to a correct answer.
  • Read EVERY.SINGLE. answer choice. I swear they were putting answers as choice "A" to trick people who don't read the rest of the choices. Don't make this mistake.
  • Just read every question carefully! Make sure you understand what is being asked.
My friends have talked to me a little about their exams and to be honest it sounds like theirs were easier.
It's totally passable, you just need to pay attention!! Good luck !

I just took the exam recently and passed thank God. But I thought it was VERY tricky! I used the guidance documents and the Alexis Long book. The book is a good quiz after you've read the guidance documents. Personally for my exam, I don't think I would have passed solely on the Long book. But I've heard it's been done.
A little advice based on my experience...
  • Be able to identify within the laws the distinction between "and" & "or". I had several questions in which literally that was the only difference between two answer choices.
  • I personally had no questions about the temperature or DEA forms. Every exam will be different, obviously, so study as such.
  • Remember there is only one question based on Collaborative Practice. Don't miss the easy point.
  • You will be able to bookmark questions and go back and forth. Advantage- you can change answers. Disadvantage- you can second guess correct answers. Be careful!
  • You won't have to know too much brand generic, just be able to distinguish which are your CIIs.
  • If you've worked in retail pharmacy, don't get cocky and skip the details. That's where they will try to trick you up. But when in doubt refer to your experiences in your retail setting to help guide you to a correct answer.
  • Read EVERY.SINGLE. answer choice. I swear they were putting answers as choice "A" to trick people who don't read the rest of the choices. Don't make this mistake.
  • Just read every question carefully! Make sure you understand what is being asked.
My friends have talked to me a little about their exams and to be honest it sounds like theirs were easier.
It's totally passable, you just need to pay attention!! Good luck !

Thankyou so much PharmBeanz for such detailed guidelines..I appreciate it.

Can we study from the materials provided by the board solely? Or do we need the alexis long book as well ?

Used the new Long book, just published in January of 2015, and the documents that were sent by the board. Passed easily. Felt that the Long book was much easier to read and understand than the actual law documents.

I took it recently with the first edition Alexis Long book and passed easily. Forget that huge packet board sends you. Alexis Long is all you need.

Is anyone interested in selling the Alexis Long pharmacy law book. I am planing to take the virginia law exam and I believe it is a recommended source. Tanks