Virginia Legislation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sugarhype10

SCO c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to learn more about the current legislation concerning optometry in Virginia, but it is proving to be difficult for me. I do not have access to a lot of the sites, so where do I go to find this information?
 
I hope this helps......Go to the American Optometric Association link I provided below and call Sherry Cooper.....she handles all state legilative inquiries.

http://www.aoa.org/x5046.xml

To know what the scope of practice is in Virginia go to the Virginia Board of Optometry and read the Virginia Optometry Law.


Virginia Optometric Association

http://voaeyedocs.org/

Virginia Board of Optometry

http://www.dhp.virginia.gov/optometry/


Good Luck
 
Last edited:
It is DEFINITELY worth it to become a member of the VOA. It costs like 15 bucks or something for students and you get access to everything on their website. I'm a member and I think it's very helpful.