Virginia - Norfolk or Richmond?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golf sucks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I can't make both dates. Does anyone have an opinion as to which program to interview at?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you even have to ask?

One resident at Eastern Virginia claimed they are the best program in the country.

In a similar fashion, North Korea insists that it is so democratic that it's even part of the country's name, i.e. PDRK. East Germany also insisted that it was a democracy and incorporated it into its name (German Democratic Republic).

Visioncam said:
Do you even have to ask?

One resident at Eastern Virginia claimed they are the best program in the country.

In a similar fashion, North Korea insists that it is so democratic that it's even part of the country's name, i.e. PDRK. East Germany also insisted that it was a democracy and incorporated it into its name (German Democratic Republic).

what are you trying to say? should we judge this program based on one resident's ignorant comment? It would be great if you could share some more objective info about the program's strengths and weaknesses.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Do you really have to ask" - Actually, I really had heard that both programs were similar and hence the reason for the post. I'm not sure if the hostility was warranted, and I am certainly not going to judge a program because a single resident thought it was the best.

Ok, to summarize, Eastern Virginia is considered to be a very weak program. One of the faculty there appears to be a bit abrasive from my limited contact with him.

Richmond's program isn't perfect but isn't bad.

A public forum limits the discussion of any program somewhat because some comments might be misinterpreted as a personal attack on an individual. However, ophthalmology departments tend to be small compared to internal medicine or surgery so personalities should be a very important consideration.