virtual office catch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finalpsychyear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am branching out of my area of current PP and found one of these rent an office centers which seems too good to be true.

You can essentially rent an office that is 12 x12 room furnished with desk, chairs, decor a phone line, internet/and all utilities for 165 a month for 16 hours a month total ( you can reserve the hours 3 months ahead and keep them fixed) and then 30/hr. They have a common lobby and a receptionist who will greet your patients but you have to pay a fee for them to call and notify you but they offer even that. I get a mailbox and can have mail delivered there.

I figure my credentialing for a new office location might take 30-40 days or longer who knows since i am already on panels in an area 2 hrs away.

Am I missing something here?

Members don't see this ad.

That does seem too good to be true. I looked at some similar situations for PP forensic work (reception, utilities, lobby, mailbox, furnishings) and it was about 500/month. Which, I didn't think was all that bad. Although that may have been for full use of the office, not just X hours/month.

Is this Regus?

not regus. The full time rent is 695 and includes a phone that you can receive and dial outgoing calls. This is only a 16 hour rent frame and it is listed as conference room but for some reason that room counts as a conference room even though it is an office it hardly gets used as it is just for 3 people max.

Seems like a pretty good deal. Make sure you have your own liability insurance that covers property. E.g., someone slips and falls on their way in to the place. Usually places like this will have something in their contracts that holds you liable-ish for your own clients. When I checked it out, that insurance was a pretty cheap rider.