Virtual verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejones123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys dealing with virtual verification??? My store has collapsed. 2 of our pharmacists quit and 5 of our techs. In theory this system works but what Cvs doesn’t understand is how hard it is to get and maintain a competent staff at the pharmacy. Cvs has horrible pay for techs and has a fragmented and unorganized environment. Barely have hours so can’t train new staff so we just have a revolving door of techs that can’t do data entry or production. Cvs is like a horrible restaurant with a 50 page menu that is trying to serve everything. They are trying to do too much and failing at everything. We have had some transfer outs but not as much as expected. People will wait in line for 3 hours for horrible service at cvs instead of going to a mom and pop. I get that Caremark ppl have to come here but the rest have no excuse to come to this understaffed chaotic hell.

Seems like district wide we have a mass exodus. 6 stores have no real pharmacy manager. Our floaters are abysmal…I don’t get how with such an excess of graduates. CVS has trouble getting shifts covered. I know it’s not the greatest place to work but you would think new grads would be competing for hours. That isn’t the case. I’m guessing new grads would rather do something else non pharmacy related then work for a crappy chain pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Look. They are offering new grads less than new grads were getting to start 10-15 years ago. Even if you have previous experience with cvs, like I did, when I got rehired, it was barely worth my time. I never stopped looking when cvs hired me back. It is a joke. They have no intention of paying for service or quality.

Plus with all the new things they keep adding, the learning curve is rather steep. Totally not worth it any way you look at it

Reactions: 3 users
More system features constantly being added just makes training new hires next to (virtually) impossible. OJT or whatever little training new hires receive barely helps and no where near enough preparation to handle real world situations. New hires essentially throw everything he/she can't handle at closest RPh

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys dealing with virtual verification??? My store has collapsed. 2 of our pharmacists quit and 5 of our techs. In theory this system works but what Cvs doesn’t understand is how hard it is to get and maintain a competent staff at the pharmacy. Cvs has horrible pay for techs and has a fragmented and unorganized environment. Barely have hours so can’t train new staff so we just have a revolving door of techs that can’t do data entry or production. Cvs is like a horrible restaurant with a 50 page menu that is trying to serve everything. They are trying to do too much and failing at everything. We have had some transfer outs but not as much as expected. People will wait in line for 3 hours for horrible service at cvs instead of going to a mom and pop. I get that Caremark ppl have to come here but the rest have no excuse to come to this understaffed chaotic hell.

Seems like district wide we have a mass exodus. 6 stores have no real pharmacy manager. Our floaters are abysmal…I don’t get how with such an excess of graduates. CVS has trouble getting shifts covered. I know it’s not the greatest place to work but you would think new grads would be competing for hours. That isn’t the case. I’m guessing new grads would rather do something else non pharmacy related then work for a crappy chain pharmacy
It’s a complete disaster. We’ve lost 8 pharmacists in under 2 months. The district next to us is 6 short too. My sister store hired 13 techs 3-4 months ago and all but 2 quit. Floats are a complete train wreck. I’m not answering the phone, not making calls, turning away walk in shots, staying 2 hours late, doing anything Hub at home, and still rolling scripts. And getting yelled at for the lack of above, every single day.

Reactions: 1 user
I recall MikeJ and others posting about similar type of mess created few years back. Was it shared verification at the time? Clearly CVS made it through that. I know it sucks on those front lines but it is always rinse repeat.

Eventually, they will have verify at home positions. Prolly only pay $40/hr. But when that happens, I'm in!

The problem at CVS is how slow their computers are. The more I have to interact with their buggy, snail-speed software, the longer it takes me to do my job. I used to be able to do like 15-16 pages of Readyfill. Now...nope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Eventually, they will have verify at home positions. Prolly only pay $40/hr. But when that happens, I'm in!

The problem at CVS is how slow their computers are. The more I have to interact with their buggy, snail-speed software, the longer it takes me to do my job. I used to be able to do like 15-16 pages of Readyfill. Now...nope.
I have also heard rumors about this; under paying new grads to hammer out product review. RPh is simply on shift for legal purposes, put out fires, and vaccinate of course. Any new hire RPhs I ever get to witness working have that deer in the headlights vibe (too overwhelmed to calm down and understand how to prioritize work flow properly). I've never had to multi-tasked to such a great extent thanks to Virtual Verification...some people clearly can't multi-task (it's a skill)

I would not be opposed to picking up hours on off days to work at home but prefer the chaos of in-store interactions (yes, I'm a mosaicist)

I had a tech put a box cutter with the blade exposed inside a prescription bag.

Guarantee that has never happened before visual verification!

I was actually thinking about writing a formal complaint to the board, not sure if anything would come of it since CVS has ties there. They say “this is to free you up for meaningful consultations and vaccinations!” Yea right… we all see thru the BS as you lie through your teeth.

Hard to stay optimistic about the profession.

Another pharmacist told me that other states were finding that the new system is against state regulations. No idea if this is true...anybody heard anything?

I'd be interested in a per diem work from home virtual verification job if I didn't have to answer phones.

Another pharmacist told me that other states were finding that the new system is against state regulations. No idea if this is true...anybody heard anything?

Posted on Reddit a couple weeks ago from MO. I’m guessing CVS doesn’t have class R licenses.

• Hmm

Seems like district wide we have a mass exodus. 6 stores have no real pharmacy manager. Our floaters are abysmal…I don’t get how with such an excess of graduates. CVS has trouble getting shifts covered. I know it’s not the greatest place to work but you would think new grads would be competing for hours. That isn’t the case. I’m guessing new grads would rather do something else non pharmacy related then work for a crappy chain pharma

Wowww, you just spoke every word I'm feeling