Viruses and lab methods - biology section DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

412smb412

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if any1 that has recently
written the dat has seen any questions regarding viruses or lysogenic cycle etc...

Also, I was wondering what sources ppl used to study lab methods for bio and or chem and if any1 remembered any questions?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not get and lysogenic cycle questions but that does not mean you won't. I remember one related question like Baterial DNA is in
a. Ribosomes +Nucleus
b. Plasmids
c. Clustered in cytoplasm + Plasmids
d. I did not remember what other choices were there......but it seemed ridiculously easy if you know your bio

Also I got another question like if the red blood cell will be placed in distilled water:
a. shrink
b. swell and burst
c. and other related choices...again sorry i can't recall all choices...it's almost 3 weeks now

for chem and orgo i used Chad's videos ..and after videos practiced with his quizzes and DAT destroyer....i think videos are sufficient enough to cover everything you need to know.

one more thing for lab methods make sure you know how to read calibrations on pipet, buret, flask, graduated cylinder...specially if the calibrations start from bottom or top....i got one question to read the miniscus of liquid given picture of buret but not whole buret only calibrations from 5-6 ...